A healthy hot chocolate recipe? In 5 minutes? Sure!
Real hot chocolate, ready in five minutes and oh so good for you! You’ll think you’ve died and gone to heaven – and so will your friends and family, who won’t have a clue how healthy it really is!
Raw (unroasted) cacao has all kinds of benefits: it’s loaded with antioxidants and is good for your brain, your bones, your teeth, your lungs, and your mood (among other things). What more could you want from something this delicious?
Makes 4 servings of one cup/240ml each
Healthy Hot Chocolate recipe
You will need:
A blender or hand blender
- 2 handfuls of cashews, soaked overnight and then drained
- 4 cups/960ml very warm water
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder (available here if you need it – see tips below), raw carob powder (available here if you need it), or a combination of both
- 4 tablespoons of maple syrup, xylitol or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or ½ teaspoon vanilla powder
How you do it
Put your soaked cashews in your blender with the very warm water. Blend well to get a quick “milk.” Add the rest of the ingredients, blend again, and you’re done!
Serve in clear mugs so everyone can see how beautiful it is!
Rocking Raw Chef tips
- If you don’t want to soak cashews overnight, you can substitute the cashews and warm water with 2 cups/480ml of water and 2 cups/480ml of almond or other nut milk, or oat milk. Blend with the remaining ingredients and heat gently, until it’s hot but not boiling.
- You could use 4 cups/960ml of nut milk and no water for a heavier version – but it will be very filling!
- You could also try coconut milk for a totally “nutty” experience!
- Raw cacao powder is sometimes referred to as raw chocolate powder. Just so you don’t get confused! If you aren’t worried about your hot chocolate being 100% raw, you can use ordinary cocoa powder instead of the raw cacao powder. It will still be way healthier than what you get in most coffee shops!
And what’s more…
This healthy hot chocolate recipe is featured in my 5-Minute Chocolate Heaven, along with recipes for Chewy Freezer Brownies, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Quick Chocolate Cake and more.
Enjoy your healthy hot chocolate!
And of course, let me know what you think in the comments!