Everyone loves this spinach dip. It’s quick, easy and tasty.
It’s also great to bring Spinach Dip to parties because no-one will know that you didn’t spend ages cooking it. Perfect!
It’s a great source of protein too (thank you spinach and tahini).
You can enjoy it with veggie sticks, sprouted crackers, over a salad, or to spice up a rice or veggie dish.
Spinach Dip recipe
Makes about 2 cups/480ml of dip.
You will need:
A knife and cutting board
A food processor (or the chopper attachment of your hand blender)
- 5 cups/150g fresh spinach
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- ½ cup/70g cashews (no need for soaking)
- 1 small red onion, roughly chopped (about 1/3 cup/50g)
- 1 heaped spoonful tahini (you can find raw tahini if you want to)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Dash of maple syrup, xylitol or other sweetener
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of chili powder (optional, but gives it a nice kick)
How you do it
Put all ingredients in your food processor and push the button. That’s it!
Rocking Raw Chef tips
- You can get tahini raw, but it’s not the end of the world if you can’t, because you’ll be using such a small amount. You can buy it in most supermarkets.
- You could use this dip for “zucchini boats.” Simply cut 2 zucchinis (courgettes) lengthwise, scoop out a bit of the flesh, and fill with the dip. You could do the same with small sweet peppers (yellow, red, or orange ones, as the green ones aren’t ripe). Great for parties, or just for fun.
- To turn your dip into a salad dressing, simply add ½-3/4 cup/120-180ml of water. Easy!
- Any leftover dip will keep for 5 days in the refrigerator in a glass jar.
Want to see me in action?
I make a lot of recipes and share more tips at my YouTube channel – do check it out if you like videos that are slightly wacky…!
Enjoy your Spinach Dip recipe!
And of course, let me know what you think in the comments!