I dare you not to love this recipe. It’s better than the dairy version, and ready in 5 minutes!
When I was a child, my mom used to make Julia Child’s hollandaise sauce and pour it over just about anything – and I’d eat it, vegetable or not, just for the sauce.
So I decided to create a healthy, raw vegan hollandaise sauce. Yeah!
Best of all, I think even Julia would approve. So let’s see if you do.
Vegan hollandaise sauce recipe
Makes 1 1/2 cups/360ml of hollandaise.
You will need:
A blender or hand blender
- 1/2 cup/70g cashews, soaked and then drained (soak overnight for creamiest texture)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or flax oil (I prefer avocado oil for the taste)
- 12 tablespoons of water
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon xylitol, coconut palm sugar or other liquid sweetener
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
How you do it
OK this is really hard. Are you ready?
Blend all the ingredients and pour into a bowl.
Ha! You’re done!
Rocking Raw Chef tips
- Vegan hollandaise sauce will keep in the refrigerator in a glass jar for about three to four days.
- For a ‘green’ hollandaise (why not, right?), pop in some cucumber peels.
- For a purple hollandaise, pop in a small piece of beetroot. Easy!
- Your vegan hollandaise sauce will be delicious poured over just about anything, but if you’d like suggestions, try having it with nut burgers, over mixed veggies, over cauliflower ‘rice’, as a dipping sauce for carrot sticks or sprouted crackers…basically with anything you can eat!
Want more recipes like this?
More gorgeous sauce recipes are in my 5-Minute Salads & Sauces, along with recipes for Mango Tango Chili Sauce, Coconut Chili Dressing, Raita, and more.
Enjoy your vegan hollandaise sauce recipe!
And of course, let me know what you think in the comments!