This chili dip recipe is one of my favorites. And I love the color!
Watch out though! Once you’ve tasted it, you may find yourself sneaking to the refrigerator to eat it with a spoon. (Yes it’s confession time).
I got the base for this recipe from my friend Moses at a raw potluck in London. When he saw me joyfully eating large dollops of his version over absolutely everything (his was chunky and very spicy), he took pity on me and gave me the basic ingredients so I could create my own. Thank you Moses!
You can enjoy your Mango Tango Chili Dip with veggie sticks, sprouted crackers, over a salad, or to spice up a rice or veggie dish.
Mango Tango Chili Dip recipe
Makes 1 ½ cups/360ml of dip.
You will need:
A hand blender (or blender, but I prefer a hand blender for this recipe as you’re blending a small amount)
- ½ cup/25g sun-dried tomatoes (soaked in oil)
- 1/3 cup/80ml olive oil
- 4 spoonfuls of fresh mango (heaped, roughly 1/2 cup/60g)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced chilis, or 1 teaspoon chili powder (see tips)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
How you do it
Blend all of the ingredients in your hand blender. That’s it!
Rocking Raw Chef tips
- Using sundried tomatoes that are in oil will give you the tastiest result, but if you only have the dried ones, soak them first in warm water till soft and add a tablespoon of olive oil to the blender.
- My favorite chilis for this recipe are the ‘cheater’s’ version of minced chilis that come in a jar and are lightly packed in oil. If you want to use fresh chili, try a small scotch bonnet chili or other fresh, hot chili – just start with less and taste your sauce. You can always add more, but once it’s in, you can’t take it out again!
- If you don’t have fresh ginger, you can try it with ½ teaspoon dried ginger, but fresh is best for this recipe.
- Any leftover sauce will keep for 2-3 weeks in the refrigerator in a glass jar.
Want to see me in action?
I make a lot of recipes and share more tips at my YouTube channel – do check it out if you like videos that are slightly wacky…!
Enjoy your Mango Tango Chili Dip recipe!
And of course, let me know what you think in the comments!