Cashew mayonnaise is one of my favorite raw food delights. It’s so good! And super easy to make, in 5 minutes!
I use cashew mayonnaise in ‘not potato’ salad, or for dipping veggie sticks, or on raw ‘sandwiches’ or wraps.
This recipe is great for those who want to avoid dairy. You can find out more about why you might want to avoid dairy here.
What I like about this recipe though is that it’s so delicious, you won’t miss the dairy anyway!
Cashew mayonnaise recipe
You will need:
A blender or hand blender
- ¾ cup/100g cashews, soaked and then drained (soak overnight for creamiest mayonnaise; otherwise at least 2 hours)
- ¼ cup/60ml avocado oil or flax oil (I prefer avocado oil for the taste)
- ¼ cup/60ml water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ fresh garlic clove, chopped, or ¼ teaspoon (a pinch) garlic powder
- Celery tops or fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
How you do it
Blend the mayonnaise ingredients and pour into the bowl. That’s it!
Rocking Raw Chef tips
Cashew mayonnaise will keep in the refrigerator in a glass jar for about three to four days.
You can flavor your mayonnaise with a pinch of curry powder, paprika, or other spice if you wish.